Small Business Grant Program
The City of Superior has established a Small Business Grant Program (SBGP) for qualifying local business owners and entrepreneurs within the City of Superior. The City will provide a grant up to 15% of the total eligible project costs. Funding is capped at $50,000 per grant and scaled to fill the gap between total project costs and the sum of the business owner’s required 10% equity contribution and the remaining 75% funded through a small business loan or other means. A business location may receive grant funding for one project per calendar year. The grant is offered on a first come first served basis until the funding for that year is depleted.
- Must have a commercial storefront or “brick & mortar” location
- Non-profits directly related to money generating food service or retail organizations
- Non-profit arts & entertainment organizations
Eligible uses include, but are not limited to:
- Property acquisition
- Façade treatments
- Building Improvements
- Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Selected Commercial Kitchen Equipment (minimum value of $1,500 or more per appliance)
- Furnishings (booths, tables, chairs, etc.)
- Other uses considered on a case-by-case basis
Please contact the Planning Department for an initial consultation prior to submitting an application.
Jason Serck - Planning, Economic Development & Port Director