- Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Banned Electronic Waste
As of September 1, 2010, it is against state law to dispose of the following in a landfill:
- Computers (desktop, laptop, netbook, and tablet)
- Desktop printers (including those that scan, fax, and/or copy)
- Computer monitors
- Other computer accessories including, but not limited to, keyboards, mice, speakers, external hard drives, and flash drives
- DVD players, VCRs, and other video players (i.e., DVRs)
- Fax machines
- Cell phones
View a list of businesses that take E-waste, along with other items.
Moccasin Mike E-Waste Disposal
The City of Superior Moccasin Mike Landfill is now equipped for limited acceptance of banned electronic waste.
A receptacle is now available for FREE* disposal of cell phones, cables and wires, hard-drives, laptops, computer towers, circuit boards, keyboards, cable boxes, etc.
Disposal of the following are subject to a fee:
- $10: Air conditioner, DVD/VCR, game systems, microwave, networking equipment, phone/answering machine, printer, scanner/fax machine, stereo components, video camera.
- $20 flat screen TVs and monitors
- $30 CRT's (old style TV/monitor)
Any item(s)s placed for recycling must be declared to the scalehouse attendant. Failure to declare, or illegal disposal of, any of these items in the landfill may incur a $50 fine per item to cover handling and disposal costs.
*FREE disposal is subject to change without notice and is available only to Superior, Wisconsin, residents (no commercial or business use).