Year Round ATV/UTV Road/Alley Route
On 11/07/18, the City Council voted to approve an all season ATV/UTV route. The newly designated route will be open for use on Friday, November 16th, 2018.
For an overview of the route, click on the "citywide" map below. Additional maps zoom in on various portions throughout the City.
Please look closely at the legend on the map, as some routes/trails are "winter only" (in blue). Year round routes/trails are in red.
The route will allow ATV/UTV traffic on specific streets designated as ATV/UTV routes. Recent changes to State law gave municipalities the ability to create these designated routes:
"A city, village, or town may enact an ordinance to authorize the operation of all-terrain vehicles and utility terrain vehicles on a highway that is not part of the national system of interstate and defense highways, that has a speed limit of 35 miles per hour or less, and that is located within the territorial boundaries of the city, village, or town regardless of whether the city, village, or town has jurisdiction over the highway”. Wis. Stat. s. 23.33(11)(am)4
Winter Motorized Trails
McClure's Landing Road and the Badger Drive Fishermen's Parking Lot will both open Friday, November 23rd, 2018.
All other winter routes remained closed at this time.
To view winter motorized routes/trails, click on the Citywide map posted above in "Year Round ATV/UTV" section. Winter routes/trails are in BLUE.
- 1.6 miles in the Superior Municipal Forest from Elmira Avenue to Billings Drive
- This is a flat, 10-foot wide, out and back blacktop trail
- Ample parking available at the Superior Municipal Forest trail head at 28th Street/Wyoming Avenue. There is also a small parking area off Billings Drive, so you can start at either end of the trail.
- 5 miles along the Superior Bay from the Intersection of Highways 2/53 to Moccasin Mike Road
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Superior bay.
- This is a blacktop trail, bridges are wooden. There are a few hills on this trail.
- You may park at Barker's Island, 18th Avenue East & E 2nd Street, Loon's Foot Landing or at Bear Creek Park off Moccasin Mike Road to access the trail from various points.
- 6.14 miles in the Superior Municipal Forest
- Enter trail on the north side of Highway 105 across from cemetery access driveway.
- Multi use, non motorized, challenging, single track trail
- Created and maintained by the Cyclists of Gitchee Gummee Shores (COGGs)