The City Clerk’s Office maintains the following city licenses. Please contact the City Clerk's office 715-395-7200 for additional information.
Original application / Renewal application. In addition to applicable fee listed below, liquor license applicants are required to pay a $20 publication fee and $35 health inspection fee. Additional Wisconsin Department of Revenue forms are available online. (See State Statutes Chapter 125 and City Code Chapter 14 for rules and regulations.)
- TAVERN OPERATOR (Bartender) July 1-June 30 2-year License Period, $30. Completion certificate from Wisconsin Responsible Beverage Server's Course required. (Provisional license, $5. Valid for 60 days.)
BUSINESS & SALES
- MOBILE HOME COURT July 1-June 30 Annual License Period, $50 + $2/space $15 health inspection fee.
- PAWN BROKER*January 1-December 30 Annual License Period, $210 + $500 bond.
- PEDDLER/SOLICITOR/DIRECT SELLERJanuary 1-December 30 Annual License Period, $50 + bond for inventory.
- SALVAGE/JUNK DEALER/YARDJanuary 1-December 30 Annual License Period, $50 + $5/collection vehicle.
- SECONDHAND DEALERS* January 1-December 30 Annual License Period, $27.50.
- SECONDHAND JEWELRY* May-April, $30.
- SECONDHAND MALL/FLEA MARKET* May/April 2-year license period, $165.
- TATTOO ESTABLISHMENT July 1-June 30 Annual License Period, $50 + $15 health Inspection fee.
- ANIMAL-DRAWN VEHICLE January 1-December 30 Annual License Period, $25 + certificate of liability insurance.
- TAXICAB COMPANY July 1-June 30 Annual License Period, $150 for first cab + $100/add'l cab (or $50 if added after January 1).
- TAXICAB OPERATOR (Driver) July 1-June 30 Annual License Period, $25.
- TOWING/WRECKER SERVICE January 1-December 30 Annual License Period, $75 + $50/towing vehicle.
- BED & BREAKFAST (AKA Short-term rentals) No license required.
- CONTRACTORS (General, Electric, Heating & Gas) Please contact Building Inspection at 715-395-7288.
- FIREWORKS (Novelty) Contact the Fire Department 715-395-1680. Inside retail premises only; outdoor stands prohibited.
- OBSTRUCT SIDEWALK Council approval needed for more than 3 days.
- RENTAL PROPERTIES No license required.
- SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT Contact the Parks & Recreation Department 715-395-7270.
- SPECIAL USE PERMIT Contact the Planning Department 715-395-7335.
- TEMPORARY OUTSIDE USE PERMIT Contact the Planning Department 715-395-7335.
* Wisconsin Seller's Permit Number required.
- LATE FEE Any person desiring to maintain an annual city license shall file an application with the city clerk prior to the expiration date of their active license. If the license fee is not paid within the grace period of five business days, a late fee of 50 percent of the total application fee will be added to the amount due. The late fee shall be no less than $25.00 per license application.
- REINSTATEMENT FEE An additional administrative collection charge of 50 percent of the original total application fee shall be added to the amount due if the renewal application is remitted more than 15 days after the previous license has expired.