The landfill has reopened as of Monday May 11th.
In response to Governor Evers’ Safer at Home order and for the health and safety of our staff and visitors, we will not be accepting cash or check at this time. Visa or MasterCard are the only accepted forms of payment. The City will waive the additional $3.25 fee typically added for credit card transactions. Also, for social distancing purposes, the public dumping area will limited to the amount of vehicles allowed at one time. Please arrive as early as possible to ensure you have time to dispose of your items before the landfill closes. As always no loads accepted after 3:40pm Monday – Friday and 11:00am on Saturdays.
Due to the ongoing closure of the Goodwill mattress recycling facility in Duluth, we are not able to accept clean dry mattresses for recycling. All mattresses will be disposed of and charged at $25 per mattress.
Before coming to the landfill please review our list of Unacceptable Items http://www.ci.superior.wi.us/598/Items-Not-Accepted to ensure that your items can be properly disposed of.
Dumping (cost per ton on acceptable items):
Gate rate minimum charge on a load under 400 lbs is $10, otherwise it is $54/ton.
- Yard waste – Leaves and grass clippings (no charge). Customer must dump debris into compost pile and place empty bags in the trash receptacle.
- Brush (no commercial) - $8 a pickup load / $16 for pickup and trailer
Tires - Residential Rate
- Without rims $5 each
- With rims $6 each
- Tires - Commercial $235/ton
- Tires – Semi-truck/trailer $235/ton
- Recyclable (clean/dry) - $20
- Non-recyclable (wet/dirty - $25
To be considered recyclable, mattresses and box springs must be relatively clean and completely dry upon arrival at landfill.
Asbestos & Asbestos-Containing Items
Items Not Accepted at the Landfill
- Demolition/construction materials.
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Motor Oil
- Household Hazardous waste