Recreational Grants

Applications for the 2023 Recreational Grants are open now through February 28, 2023 at 4:30pm.

On an annual basis, the City of Superior Parks and Rec Commission reviews applications for Recreational Grants.  

Funding for these grants has been approved for 2023.  Organizations interested in applying for a grant are required to submit a complete grant application and any supporting documents to the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department no later than 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, February 28, 2023.   You may request a grant for a recreational event, program or activities that occur at any time in the 2023 calendar year.  

The Parks Commission will hold a special meeting in March to review the grant requests. All applicants will be notified with their results once grants have been finalized.   

Although organizations that have received money in the past will be given strong consideration, these grants have been opened up to any organizations and the total amount budgeted remains the same.  Grant awards may be less than the amount requested.  Please note the City will not grant any money to help cover administrative or staff expenses. 

We greatly appreciate your time, efforts and energy promoting recreational activities for residents of the City of Superior and respect all of the effort, time and energy that it takes.  Thank you for all that you do to help enhance our community! 

Here is the Recreational Grant Application Form for 2023 along with the Recreational Grant Application letter outlining the application process. (Printable version of the application)

When submitting your application, please remember to include the supporting documentation listed on page 4 of the application.  

You may drop you application off at the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Office at the Government Center, 1316 N 14th St, Room 200 or email them to the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department.   If you have questions, please call:  715-395-7270.

PLEASE NOTE:  If you are having a Special Event and would like to request sponsorship from the City (i.e. to waive the cost of permit fees, trash cans, barricades, etc.), that would be a "Sponsorship Request" and is different than a recreational grant.  Please contact the Parks & Rec Department for further details.