Largest Tree Contest
The submissions for the largest tree in the city are in! The largest tree found was a cottonwood at 1310 Elm Avenue. Click here for a map and feel free to check the trees out for yourself!
The Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department along with the Urban Forestry Tree Board are excited to announce a Largest Tree Contest as part of the City's 2018 Arbor Day Celebration. Submissions for the contest begin today and end on Arbor Day, April 22, 2018. Parks, Recreation & Forestry staff will verify all submissions & tree measurements and the locations will be published, so that everyone can check out the largest trees in our City!
The rules regarding the contest are as follows:
- The tree must be on City property (on a boulevard or in a park).
- The submission form must be filled out completely with accurate measurements and a photo of the tree must be included.
- Submissions will be accepted on a first come/first served basis, i.e. if more than one individual submits the same tree, the first person to submit the form first has rights to that submission.
- The contest is open to City of Superior residents only.
- Submissions must be received by April 22, 2018.
The winner will be recognized and will receive a small prize at our Arbor Day Celebration, which will be scheduled at a date to be determined in May,
Click HEREto view the document "How to Measure a Champion Tree." Then print the one page form entitled "Superior WI - Public Big Tree Registry" and fill in the information for your largest tree submission.
Email your completed form, along with a photo of the tree to: email@example.com or drop your form and photo off at the Government Center, Parks, Recreation and Forestry Office, 1316 North 14th Street, Room 200.