Whether you enjoy walking, running, rollerblading, biking or riding your ATV or snowmobile, there are trails in the city that you can use to explore the beauty that our area has to offer!
- 1.6 miles in the Superior Municipal Forest from Elmira Avenue to Billings Drive
- This is a flat, 10-foot wide, out and back blacktop trail
- Ample parking available at the Superior Municipal Forest trail head at 28th Street/Wyoming Avenue. There is also a small parking area off Billings Drive, so you can start at either end of the trail.
- 5 miles along the Superior Bay from the Intersection of Highways 2/53 to Moccasin Mike Road
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Superior bay.
- This is a blacktop trail, bridges are wooden. There are a few hills on this trail.
- You may park at Barker's Island, 18th Avenue East & E 2nd Street, Loon's Foot Landing or at Bear Creek Park off Moccasin Mike Road to access the trail from various points.
- 6.14 miles in the Superior Municipal Forest
- Enter trail on the north side of Highway 105 across from cemetery access driveway.
- Multi use, non motorized, challenging, single track trail
- Created and maintained by the Cyclists of Gitchee Gummee Shores (COGGs)
- Winter months only (defined by ordinance)
- No fee