Year Round ATV/UTV Road/Alley Route
On 11/07/18, the City Council voted to approve an all season ATV/UTV route. The newly designated route will be open for use on Friday, November 16th, 2018.
For an overview of the route, click on the "citywide" map below. Additional maps zoom in on various portions throughout the City.
Please look closely at the legend on the map, as some routes/trails are "winter only" (in blue). Year round routes/trails are in red.
The route is as follows:
- North 58th Street from Albany to Butler Avenue.
- Butler Avenue to East/West alley between N 58th Street and North 59th Street.
- East/West alley between North 58th Street and North 59th Street between Butler Avenue and Hammond Avenue.
- Banks Avenue from East/West alley between N 58th Street and North 59th Street to North 60th Street.
- North 60th Street from Banks Avenue to Tower Avenue.
- North 58th Street/Golf View Drive from Hammond Avenue to Bardon Avenue.
- North/South T-alley from alley between Tower Avenue and Banks Avenue from North 58th Street south to North 60th Street.
- Bardon Avenue/Woodlawn Road from Golf View Drive to 42nd Avenue.
- 42nd Avenue East/S Co Rd A from Woodlawn Road to City Limit.
- 42nd Avenue East northeast to East 18th Street to 39th Avenue East to Osaugie Trail.
- 39th Avenue East from Osaugie Trail to North South Alley between East 2nd and East 3rd Street.
- North/South alley between East 1st Street and East 2nd Street from 38th Avenue East to 39th Avenue East.
- North/South Alley between East 2nd Street and East 3rd Street from 38th Avenue East to 39th Avenue East.
- Bardon Avenue from Golf View Drive to Stinson Avenue.
- Stinson Avenue (24th Avenue East) from Bardon Avenue to East 5th Street.
- East 5th Street from Stinson Avenue (24th Avenue East) to 21st Avenue East.
- 23rd Avenue East from East 5th Street to East 3rd Street.
- F Street from East 2nd Street to East 5th Street.
- East 5th Street from F Street to Hill Avenue.
- Hill Avenue from East 5th Street to Winter Street.
- Winter Street at Hill Avenue to Susquehanna Avenue.
- Banks Avenue from Winter Street to N 16th Street.
- Ogden Avenue from Winter Street to North 6th Street.
- North 6th Street from Hammond Avenue to Banks Avenue.
- Hughitt Avenue from North 6th Street to North 4th Street.
- Banks Avenue from North 6th Street to North 3rd Street.
- North 3rd Street between Tower Avenue and Banks Avenue.
- Susquehanna Avenue from Winter Street to North 16th Street.
- North 16th Street from Iowa Avenue to Elmira Avenue.
- Iowa Avenue from North 16th Street to North 19th Street.
- Elmira Avenue from North 16th Street to North 33rd Street.
- North 28th Street from Elmira Avenue to Tower Avenue.
- North 33rd Street from Elmira Avenue to Albany Avenue.
- Albany Avenue from North 33rd Street to North 58th Street.
- Moccasin Mike Road from Osaugie Trail to 57th Avenue East/East 3rd St, South to City Limits Road, West to its terminus.
The route will allow ATV/UTV traffic on specific streets designated as ATV/UTV routes. Recent changes to State law gave municipalities the ability to create these designated routes:
"A city, village, or town may enact an ordinance to authorize the operation of all-terrain vehicles and utility terrain vehicles on a highway that is not part of the national system of interstate and defense highways, that has a speed limit of 35 miles per hour or less, and that is located within the territorial boundaries of the city, village, or town regardless of whether the city, village, or town has jurisdiction over the highway”. Wis. Stat. s. 23.33(11)(am)4
Winter Motorized Trails
McClure's Landing Road and the Badger Drive Fishermen's Parking Lot will both open Friday, November 23rd, 2018.
All other winter routes remained closed at this time.
To view winter motorized routes/trails, click on the Citywide map posted above in "Year Round ATV/UTV" section. Winter routes/trails are in BLUE.
- 1.6 miles in the Superior Municipal Forest from Elmira Avenue to Billings Drive
- This is a flat, 10-foot wide, out and back blacktop trail
- Ample parking available at the Superior Municipal Forest trail head at 28th Street/Wyoming Avenue. There is also a small parking area off Billings Drive, so you can start at either end of the trail.
- 5 miles along the Superior Bay from the Intersection of Highways 2/53 to Moccasin Mike Road
- Enjoy beautiful views of the Superior bay.
- This is a blacktop trail, bridges are wooden. There are a few hills on this trail.
- You may park at Barker's Island, 18th Avenue East & E 2nd Street, Loon's Foot Landing or at Bear Creek Park off Moccasin Mike Road to access the trail from various points.
- 6.14 miles in the Superior Municipal Forest
- Enter trail on the north side of Highway 105 across from cemetery access driveway.
- Multi use, non motorized, challenging, single track trail
- Created and maintained by the Cyclists of Gitchee Gummee Shores (COGGs)