Responsibilities of the Street Division
The Street Division is located at the Municipal Service Building (MSB), or City garage, at 2301 Hill Avenue, and supervises the work and projects of:
- Street Maintenance- Street and alley blacktopping and maintenance, pavement sweeping, snow removal, annual (spring) cleanup, and fall leaf pickup.
- Buildings & Grounds- Repair/maintenance of the MSB and stationary equipment and City-owned bus shelters and small projects planning and construction.
- Central Equipment Agency- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of all Public Works and City equipment including fleet vehicles.
- Traffic Signals & Signs- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of traffic signals and signage throughout the City, pavement marking, construction traffic control, and barricading for City projects.
- Solid Waste (trash) collection
- Alley Blacktopping Policy
- 2018 Petition to Blacktop Alley (deadline is June 30, 2017)
- Winter Road Maintenance Policy
- Brochure on Wisconsin ATV Snow Removal Laws
2016 Bagged Leaf Pickup Begins November 1st
Beginning Tuesday, November 1, the city will begin picking up bagged leaves. View the schedule here.
Please read the important notes below:
Leaves must be bagged and tied.
Landfill hours are 8:00 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday from 7:00 to 11:00 a.m.
Bags containing items other than leaves will be charged normal landfill rates.
Landfill Office 715-398-7222 or Street Department 715-394-0244
To report a pothole using our online form, click the link below: