Dumping (cost per ton on acceptable items):
Gate rate minimum charge on a load under 400 lbs is $10, otherwise it is $54/ton.
- Yard waste – Leaves and grass clippings (no charge). Customer must dump debris into compost pile and place empty bags in the trash receptacle.
- Brush (no commercial) - $8 a pickup load / $16 for pickup and trailer
Tires - Residential Rate
- Without rims $5 each
- With rims $6 each
- Tires - Commercial $235/ton
- Tires – Semi-truck/trailer $235/ton
Price Per Piece
- Recyclable (clean/dry) - $25
- Non-recyclable (wet/dirty - $30)
To be considered recyclable, mattresses and box springs must be relatively clean and completely dry upon arrival at landfill.
Larger quantities or businesses should contact Goodwill Industries in Duluth (218-722-6351) for options.
Asbestos & Asbestos-Containing Items
Advanced notice and approval is required prior to delivery of asbestos/asbestos-containing items. Call the landfill before delivery.
Items Not Accepted at the Landfill
- Demolition/construction materials.
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Motor Oil
- Household Hazardous waste
Please see the Items Not Accepted page for additional details on where to dispose of items not accepted at the landfill.
For the weekly Trash Pick Up information please see the Solid Waste Collection page.