The landfill has reopened as of Monday May 11th.
In response to Governor Evers’ Safer at Home order and for the health and safety of our staff and visitors, we will not be accepting cash or check at this time. Visa or MasterCard are the only accepted forms of payment. The City will waive the additional $3.25 fee typically added for credit card transactions. Also, for social distancing purposes, the public dumping area will limited to the amount of vehicles allowed at one time. Please arrive as early as possible to ensure you have time to dispose of your items before the landfill closes. As always no loads accepted at 3:40pm Monday – Friday and 11:00am on Saturdays.
Due to the ongoing closure of the Goodwill mattress recycling facility in Duluth, we are not able to accept clean dry mattresses for recycling. All mattresses will be disposed of and charged at $25 per mattress.
Before coming to the landfill please review our list of Unacceptable Items http://www.ci.superior.wi.us/598/Items-Not-Accepted to ensure that your items can be properly disposed of.
- Household Trash: FREE
- Brush: FREE
- Tires: 4 FREE per residence, 18" or smaller.
- Grass Clippings & Leaves: FREE Year round
- Demolition/construction materials
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Motor Oil
- Household hazardous waste
- City of Superior only, proof of residency or ownership required (ID with superior address, or property tax statement with ID.)
- No Contractors or Businesses
- All loads must be covered during transport to avoid littering and a fine.
- All loose Items must be tied or bagged.
- Regular landfill fees will be charged during regular landfill hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:40pm & Saturday 7:00am - 11:00am.
Dumping (cost per ton on acceptable items):
Gate rate minimum charge on a load under 400 lbs is $10, otherwise it is $54/ton.
- Yard waste – Leaves and grass clippings (no charge). Customer must dump debris into compost pile and place empty bags in the trash receptacle.
- Brush (no commercial) - $8 a pickup load / $16 for pickup and trailer
Tires - Residential Rate
- Without rims $5 each
- With rims $6 each
- Tires - Commercial $235/ton
- Tires – Semi-truck/trailer $235/ton
- Recyclable (clean/dry) - $20
- Non-recyclable (wet/dirty - $25
To be considered recyclable, mattresses and box springs must be relatively clean and completely dry upon arrival at landfill.
Larger quantities or businesses should contact Goodwill Industries in Duluth (218-722-6351) for options.
Asbestos & Asbestos-Containing Items
Advance notice and approval is required prior to delivery of asbestos/ asbestos-containing items to the landfill. Call the Landfill before delivery.